The Most Commonly Defended Sex Crimes In Kansas
My firm is committed to defending the individual rights of my clients no matter the charge. Facing criminal charges can be a stressful time. Worrying about losing your freedom by going to prison can be terrifying. My law firm, the Law Office of James M. Brun, LLC, in Overland Park is committed to protecting the liberties of clients facing some of the most high-stakes charges, including sex crimes.
Understanding The Most Common Sex Crime Charges
Sex crimes are serious charges and the person facing them could be looking at severe punishments.
- Rape: The key questions in rape cases typically focus on definitions of consent and/or the age of the accuser.
- Sexual battery: Aspects of this crime may include touching with intent to arouse (when the person touched is not the perpetrator’s spouse, is over 16 and has not given consent); actions may involve imposition of fear or force and/or unconsciousness or mental deficiencies of the alleged victim.
- Indecent liberties with a child, indecent solicitation of a child and sexual exploitation of a child: Each of these crimes involves minors under age 14.
- Unlawful voluntary sexual relations and unlawful sexual relations: The first is defined by age and the second has to do with power relationships such as when the perpetrator is a police officer or a teacher of the alleged victim.
- Lewd and lascivious behavior: Having sex in public or “flashing” one’s private parts may amount to this crime, depending on factors such as awareness and intent.
This list of the most common sex crimes is not exhaustive. I have experience defending all types of cases, and will do everything I can to deliver the best results possible.
If You Are Facing Serious Criminal Charges You Need An Aggressive Kansas Lawyer
I work with clients in the Kansas City area and statewide throughout Kansas who are facing even the most serious charges. To schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney, you can contact me online or call my Overland Park office at 913-826-6229. All communication will be kept confidential. We accept credit cards.