Deep Experience To Fight Your Felony DUI Arrest
If you have been arrested for your third DUI, you are going to be charged with felony DUI. A felony has serious repercussions on your freedom — you can no longer carry a gun (not even for hunting), you can no longer vote, you may have difficulty securing employment in the future or be terminated from your current employment. If you have been arrested for felony DUI, you need an aggressive Kansas DUI defense attorney on your side, protecting your freedom and your reputation.
Know your rights. Contact the Law Office of James M. Brun, LLC, in Overland Park to schedule a free initial consultation regarding assault and battery. Call 913-826-6229.
Consequences Of Your Third DUI Conviction
Your third DUI is a felony and it carries substantial consequences, including:
- You will be charged with a felony.
- You will be sentenced to serve jail time — from 90 days to one year.
- You will be fined $1,500 to $2,500 plus court costs and probation and evaluation fees.
- You will be court ordered to complete a treatment program for alcohol and drug abuse.
- Your driving privileges will be suspended for one year.
- After your one-year license suspension, your car will be installed with an ignition interlock device for one year.
- Your vehicle can be impounded for up to one year.
After your fourth and fifth DUI you will have to serve a prison term.
Aggressive Defense For Felony DUI Charges
I aggressively defend DUI charges and arrests. I prepare every case as if it is going to go to trial, so I am always fully prepared to defend your rights in negotiations or in front of a judge. I will thoroughly investigate your arrest and determine whether your constitutional rights were violated, asking questions like:
- Were your rights violated during your arrest?
- Did the police have probable cause to search you in the first place?
- Did the police properly administer the field sobriety tests?
- Was the Breathalyzer working properly?
Speak With Our Defense Attorney Who Can Evaluate Your Drunk Driving Case
I defend numerous drinking and driving cases in a year and can offer sound legal guidance. Inquire about a free consultation at 913-826-6229 or contact my office online. Every legal appointment is confidential.